POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : GUI color/gradient picker for POVRay. : Re: GUI color/gradient picker for POVRay. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GUI color/gradient picker for POVRay.
From: Allen
Date: 26 Sep 2004 22:10:00
Message: <web.415775d08b6f6dd66ffdb90@news.povray.org>
Why can't I post in povray.tools.general from the web interface?

Anyways, I've released two different versions or POVColor, 1.3 and 1.5

1.3 uses the old gradient system.  1.5 has been changed to use a new
gradient system that I think may be more compatible with POVRay.  They both
are available at www.sourceforge.net/projects/povcolor

In the new gradient system, each item has a left bound color and a right
bound color, so you can basically have two different colors at one point
without the need for two items at the same point.  It will output code much
like the following for items that have a different left and right bound
color:

[0.5 color rgbt <0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.8>] <-- Left bound color
[0.5 color rgbt <0.9, 0.7, 0.6, 0.1>] <-- Right bound color

Also support for reading maps into this format is included in 1.5, however
the old imports no longer work and old presets will not work correctly.  It
can read most maps, but is best with maps generated with POVColor to begin
with.